On the last two cells of this matrix I experimented with washes. Usually, I begin with details. That makes it more difficult to paint in a uniform background. In a few days, I’ll see how the details work out.
I tried some new colors and painted #6 image on my original Fantasy on a Street Construction Site matrix of 8 sketches. I used some metallic watercolors and highly saturated colors from a couple of new travel watercolor sets. The lighting is oblique and brings out the texture of the paper surface, but doesn’t illuminate […]
Today’s watercolor experiment: This is another in my series of watercolors from photographs I took in my wanderings around New York City. I think it was the red roof that caused me to snap the picture. Of course it was also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, a chance to record one moment of an historic architectural project: […]