It was a long day. Just got back to the kid’s house after a grueling day of fun at Disneyland and more than an hour after I normally post.
I thought I’d share my final artistic decisions regarding my crowd-sourced art project I began a couple of posts ago (Crowd-Sourced Art). I took many of your suggestions into account, and I want to thank all who participated (One’s a Crowd… So Far, Crowd-Sourced Art Continues) .
Here is the project after I removed the frisket (latex masking).
In the final stage of the composition, I used a combination of complementary coloration (purple adjacent to the yellow fields) in the white traces left by the mask, and coloration similar to the background.
The purple lines were painted with watercolor and ink and the yellowish colors surrounding the preexisting fields were painted with ink. The one wild card was a green ink line dividing the heart-shaped red field. I don’t think it is noticeable in this rendition but it seems to work very well in real life.
I think these are sound artistic decisions based on feedback you gave me.
I hope you like the final results.