I began with quick light blue streaks on the paper. More thoughtful, deliberate yellow strokes were next, suggesting an origin for the original blue strokes. I wasn’t sure where this was going, when a spot of cadmium red light dripped onto the paper. I liked its placement, an element that set up a balance point.
In several more stages, I added more curved turquoise, phthalo blue and yellow brush marks, adding to the impression of a field of grass blowing in the wind.
I thought I could add dimension to the piece by paralleling the blue and blue-green strokes with red.
Finally, I used my fan brush, adding Hooker Green to the mix. Using the edge, and poking it into the paper, I left little green serrated-ish tracks.
All was going well until… another drip happened. Although it changed the balance and focus of the piece, I like it.