There’s a lot going on in the painting below. I first drew a free-form design in pencil and continued it with masking fluid. I used this fluid to fill in some of the shapes that were formed by the overlapping pencil work.
I started with Payne’s gray and washed a portion of the top of the paper (which, in the configuration below, is the bottom of the composition), allowing drips to stream down (up) the page. I repeated this with two types of greens, yellow, phthalo blue and Prussian blue. I filled in the spaces between the streaks of paint, with cerulean blue.
The overall green tangles on the page cried out for reds, so after I removed the masking material, I painted the white spaces with reds and oranges.
I like how the red ‘leaf’ at the bottom seems to jut forward.