I began with thin applications of liquid latex masking fluid. Before I knew it, I had covered the entire sheet of watercolor paper with lines and beads of latex. After it dried, I divided the paper, coloring the top portion with Prussian blue and the bottom with quinacridone burnt orange. I wanted to them to merge in the middle to form a variegated gold-blue-green field.
I had planned to add another layer after I removed the latex from the painted surface. But I found the uncovered design to be compelling, and I could not continue modifying it.
Sometimes it is good to stop sooner than later. Perhaps I will think of other enhancements later, but for now I like this composition.